Saturday, February 2, 2008

RANT



I've got a bone to pick today, and not with one general person, but with all of us 'fashion bloggers'...We've all likely talked about this at one time or another, but lawd, I need to open my big mouth. So, like many of us, I check out the fashion feeds daily, if not, well, ugh hourly..And let's just say, I'm not exactly checking them out for the written content. Picture skimming. Slurls. Rooting through verbal diarrhea for links. Are these really "reviews"? My bone isn't to pick with the ones who say absolutely nothing, actually, in fact I respect them much more. Why waste time writing stuff no one will read? I'm guilty of the "THIS IS FAB" review. But there is a slight difference in the fact that..well.. I'm not actually reviewing. I bought these items. Everything I've blogged, I've either bought because I actually LIKED. Or I found them in a free box and were outfit 'fillers', lol. There was a post the other day, from a blog that shall remain nameless ( because I really do like this blog..), and they chastised Ana Lutetia for not actually giving an opinion on her 'reviews'. I understand why Ana isn't giving opinions, the girl posts repeatedly every day, things that are submitted. What is she going to do, say "I love this...I love this...I love this..." to every post? Her word would then mean nothing.

My favourite blogs, are the ones who don't display a "critic" front. Come on, who out there is actually a critic? I haven't seen a "this dress is sh*t" post ( Not that I'm advising to do this)! Either say something substantial, or don't say anything at all, because in the case of a "the textures are just so beautiful...WOW" type of text, it most likely won't be read ( i.e picture skimmer post).

Anyhoo, the gist of this rant is this : Show me your outfit combos, your ACTUAL buys, or actually review things, for the love of buddha! I'm sick of only seeing 'NEW' things! Let's see what you've found in this huge...I mean huge...fashion community.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*smiles*

I do those kind of posts for Style HotLine. ;)

stella_semaphore said...

Have to check that out! :)

Unknown said...

(Hi! Can you update my blog url: http://analutetia.com. TY)